As we enter into the holiday season, I invite you to carve out time to practice gratitude for your perfectly imperfect body … and invite the other women in your family to do the same.
Practicing gratitude on a regular basis causes powerful shifts in day-to-day life.
Before we go on, please don’t roll your eyes and say “oh yeah I’m so grateful for these hips” with sarcasam. Sorry to break it to you, but gratitude isn’t practiced and shifts aren’t made with eye rolls and sly comments about the body you were blessed with.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving and the holiday season, find ways to celebrate and give thanks for ALL your body has done and can do for you.
Here are a few ways to get started …
Today I am thankful for:
- Legs that have walked to explore the world around me
- Eyes that have seen the beauty of a sunrise and the awe of a sunset
- Taste buds that have enjoyed the food while creating family memories
- Hands that have helped others when they could not help themselves
- A heart that has felt love and compassion
- A mind that has thought for itself
- A brain that has achieved that training certificate, diploma, or advanced degree
- A nose that has taken in the aroma of kids that need a bath
- Ears that hear “MOM” twenty times a day
- Hips that have served as a shelf to hold a little one while multitasking
- Arms that have rocked a baby to sleep
- Scars from my past and warrior marks that are a trophy of how strong I really am
- A spirit that has survived 2020!
- A soul that believes in tomorrow
And if your body has failed you through an illness, injury, infertility, or loss of a child, I’m sorry and I see you.
I’m sorry you had to go through the pain and experience.
But I also know that if you’re reading this, then you’ve grown from that experience. You came out a little stronger than you were before. Your body was your teacher of how to find your strength, and that experience will be your reminder that you are stronger than you ever thought.
P.S. Start your week off right with Monday Mojo, sign up is free and you are guaranteed to deliver a healthy boost to start your week – fueling a healthy mind, body, business, and beyond!